Tēnā koutou katoa

I hope you all had an enjoyable weekend making the most of all that our wonderful region offers.  From the people around everywhere, it seems Te Tai Tokerau is becoming an increasingly popular tourist destination.  

I have been really impressed with the levels of engagement from our students during the past two weeks.  I’m always impressed with the discussions I have with students who are applying for a principal’s stripe.  They articulate themselves well and can talk about their achievements, goals and aspirations to a high standard.  

I want to again acknowledge the tremendous work our Kapa Haka Roopu are putting in to achieve well at the Regional Competition on November 7.   Along with our own staff, Whaea Keita and Matua Anaru, we are blessed to have Shane and Yvonne Maunsell guiding the Roopu.  Everyone involved has put many many hours into perfecting their performance and we look forward to sharing some video footage after the competition – even better would be having plenty of support on Nov 7!  Once we know the programme for the day, we will let you know.

Athletics heats are well under way and it’s great to see the students giving their best and challenging themselves.  

On Friday we are having a mufti day to raise money for the Northland Rescue Chopper.  If you listen to the local radio station you will have heard that John, Flash and Toast are holding a 12 hour All-Day Breakfast show during which time they will be working hard to raise as much money as possible for the Northland Rescue Chopper. Our goal is to raise $1000 for this wonderful service.

Nga mihi nui

Kim Sloane

Tumuaki